Acupuncture and Chinese medicine are focused on preventing illness not just treatment of disease.
Over the thousands of years of acupuncture’s history, many health practices developed to keep people healthy including diet, exercises, and mind body techniques.
In preventing illnesses, you are your own best doctor.
Food as Medicine
Eating healthy is the best way to prevent illnesses. Here are some articles which share Chinese medicine dietary therapies and philosophy of food choices.
- Eating Healthy to Create Harmony
- Chinese Medicine Recommendations for Vegetarians
- A Rainy Day Beef Ginger Soup
- Foods to Beat the Common Cold
Our bodies are made to move. Here are some exercises and stretches to boost your body and your qi.
You can use acupressure as a self massage to help boost your energy, reduce pain, and prevent illness.
- Acupressure for Cramps, Digestive Problems, and Boosting Energy
- Acupressure for Nausea, Hiccups, and Acid Reflux
- Acupressure for Headaches
Prevent and Beat the Common Cold
Chinese medicine has tons of remedies to prevent and treat the common cold. Here are a few.