After the pain has been reduced, it is important for you to adopt healthy habits in order to prevent the pain from coming back.
Here are ten things I tell all my patients with shoulder pain.
1. Get a backpack with two straps. Bags with single straps are often not balanced.
2. Do breathing exercises to relax the auxiliary respiratory muscles of the neck.
3. Sleep! If you can’t sleep, get acupuncture for insomnia.
4. Stretch your neck and shoulders.
5. Be aware when you are uncomfortable and in pain and try to adjust your body.
6. Use a wrist support for your keyboard and your mouse.
7. Regularly massage the acupuncture point Small Intestine 3.
8. Don’t slouch. Practice tai ji, yoga, or Alexander Method to improve your posture.
9. Take a break from working (especially on the computer) to give yourself a rest.
10. Reduce your stress.