During these trying times, we at Alban Acupuncture hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.
As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff are our first priority. Below is an outline of our strict office safety protocol.
Safety Guidelines for Coming for Acupuncture
Please do not come in if you or someone in your close contacts has experienced fever, cough, shortness of breath, severe muscle aches, chills, recent loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms related to COVID-19. If you are experiencing these symptoms, please contact your primary care provider. Please see the CDC website for further details.
Also, please do not come in if you’ve been directed to quarantine by a healthcare professional.
Please follow the New York State Travel Guidelines for quarantine and testing. Please see https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory for more details.
Below are specific steps we are taking to protect your health and safety in the office.
1. We are limiting the numbers of patients scheduled. There will be no patients in the waiting room. Your treatment room will be ready for you when you come into the office.
2. Patients should arrive at appointments alone, unless a guardian or caretaker is absolutely required. If so, only one person may accompany the patient into the treatment room. No one will be allowed to sit in the waiting room.
3. The day before your appointment, you will be asked via email to confirm that you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and have not been exposed.
4. Upon entering the office, patients’ temperatures will be taken with non-contact thermometers. You will be asked again about COVID-19 symptoms and exposure. All office staff will also have their temperatures taken daily and screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure.
5. Patients will not be allowed to come into the office unless they are wearing a mask. Please bring your own mask. We will also be wearing masks.
6. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
7. To minimize contact, we will ask new patients to fill out forms in advance. All office payments will be done through our contactless payment system.
8. We will reduce all high touch surfaces and objects. This includes most of the office decorations. Unfortunately, this also includes the water cooler, so please bring your own bottle of water.
9. All staff will change clothes after getting to the office, so commuting clothes will not be worn when seeing patients. I ride my bike to the office, so I’ve already been doing this!
10. All treatment rooms, common areas, and bathroom rooms will be thoroughly disinfected after each patient.
We are constantly monitoring the recommendations and requirements as they evolve. We will keep you updated with new information as it arises.
Please call us at 212-319-5757 to make an appointment.