In my last post, I wrote about how acupuncture can treat insomnia. But there are also a lot of things you should do on your own.
Better Habits for Better Sleep
1. Turn off the T.V. at least 30 minutes before bed. The television stimulates you and wakes you up. The computer too. So if you are reading this blog late at night, stop now, turn the computer off, and get some sleep.
2. Only use your bed for sleep and making whoopie. Don’t use it as a spare desk.
3. Try doing self acupressure for better sleeping everyday before bed.
4. Practice breathing exercises for relaxation.
5. Drink chamomile tea.
6. Avoid caffeine after 12 noon. Don’t drink coffee even if it is decaffeinated, if you are sensitive it will still keep you up.
7. If you cannot sleep, taking a warm bath will help you relax.
8. Also, if you cannot sleep, read a lighthearted article or story in dim light.
9. Exercise during the day will help you sleep at night.
10. Most importantly, don’t nap. I know it sounds hard, but it is best to go to sleep and wake up on a schedule which will confuse force your body into a sleeping schedule.